What was once the ancient port for the inland city of
It owes some of its charm to a few fine examples of the Liberty Style architecture that was much in vogue in the smarter seaside resorts across
Porto San Giorgio used to be a fishermen village. It was called Castel San Giorgio when it became a fortress in the 11th century, to defend the area from Turkish pirates.
Around the first half of the 13th century it was given to Fermo. The Doge-to-be Tiepolo had the stronghold built. Viscounts of Oleggio then improved the defensive system. The municipal autonomy dates back to the Napoleonic period. The current name was given to the village by Pope Pius XI on 20th May 1857, during a visit.
Built in 1267 by Lorenzo Tiepolo, Fermo’s governor and Doge-to-be of
The 17th-century church del Suffragio (of the Suffrage) conserves on the Baroque altar a painting by Francesco Trevisani and one by Dilani.
Villa Bonaparte was built following Girolamo Bonaparte’s orders, he was a former king of The town's main attractions are its fish and its attractive beaches. There are plenty of moderately priced restaurants serving brodetto (the
www La Capannina
www Marina PSG
www La Quarta
www Mare in Campagna
www David Palace
www Il Timone
www 309 kitchen
www Damiani e Rossi
www Ass. Sportiva Nautica Picena
www Teatro Comunale Porto S.Giorgio
www Sangiorgio Maglieria
www La Collina
www La Collina
Villa Bonaparte was built following Girolamo Bonaparte’s orders, he was a former king of
The town's main attractions are its fish and its attractive beaches. There are plenty of moderately priced restaurants serving brodetto (the